The Okanagan Basin Water Board’s communication tools and strategies are aimed at helping our audience understand water issues, and encouraging collaboration.
On-going efforts include:
- Okanagan WaterWise public education program, events and contests,
- Make Water Work!
- Don’t Move a Mussel
and social media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OkWaterWise
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/OkWaterWise
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/OkanaganWaterWise
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/okanagan_waterwise
- “Building Bridges” Reflections on Okanagan Water
as well as other communications, including:
- Monthly board meetings and the monthly Board Report
- Annual Meeting and release of our Annual Report
- Presentations to local and senior governments
- Stakeholder outreach (such as the Water Stewardship Council)
- Development of water policy and legislation
- Workshops and conferences for elected officials, government staff and other stakeholders
- OBWB corporate website
- Public outreach with presentations to groups and at community events, and outreach materials
- News conferences and media releases
NEW! Okanagan Flood Story – Discover, Explore, Prepare
News Release – May 6, 2020: Okanagan Water Board launches website, helping valley prepare for future flooding
Watch on CHBC – Global Okanagan: Okanagan Basin Water Board releases online flood-mapping tool
- Watch videos on our YouTube channel.
- See which Projects we’re working on.
- Find Tools for Homeowners, Governments and Water Professionals.
- Browse through our Library to find more materials.