The OBWB organizes and participates in conferences and workshops to share and learn about the latest findings in water science, the best water management practices and governance ideas, and to network with water professionals and interest groups.
- EFN2018 – Environmental Flow Needs Conference: Science, Policy & Practice – October 17-18, 2018
- Stay tuned!
- 2018 Water Supply Webinars:
- Drought Updates & Information
- Getting Climate Adaptation Tools Out There: A Workshop Process Guide
To aid organizations in raising awareness about available resources, this guide advises on how to design training workshops about adaptation tools. The guide presents a six phase planning process and a checklist for workshop coordinators. Examples are presented based on the Okanagan Basin Water Board’s workshop experiences. Download the Guide (PDF). With federal funding support through Natural Resources Canada’s Regional Adaptation Collaborative Program.
- 2016 Water Supply Webinar
- Osoyoos Lake Water Science Forum
- Drought Workshops
- Proposed Drought Trigger Guidelines for the Okanagan Mainstem Lakes and River Workshop – November 16, 2016
- Drought Workshop for Water Suppliers – June 3, 2016
- Drought Workshop Presentations and Notes – August 13, 2015
- Okanagan Invitational Drought Tournament – November 16, 2012
- Drought Planning Workshop – July 23, 2009
- From Rain to Resource Tradeshow & Workshop – October 28 & 29, 2010
- One Watershed – One Water – October 21-23, 2008
- Groundwater Symposium – January 23, 2007
- Water – Our Limiting Resource” Towards Sustainable Water Management in the Okanagan – February 23-25, 2005
- Okanagan Leadership Meeting – Running on Empty – March 19, 2004