Phase 3 – Scenarios Report (5.3Mb PDF)
This report summarizes a selection of Okanagan Basin water supply and use projections for 2011 to 2040, based on Phase 3 modeling using the Okanagan Basin Water Accounting Model (OBWAM) and its supporting models, the Okanagan Basin Hydrology Model (OBHM) and the Okanagan Water Demand Model (OWDM).
Okanagan Water Allocation Tool Report (1.5Mb PDF)
In partnership with B.C. Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (MFLNRO), OBWB commissioned this report to develop a plan for an Okanagan water allocation tool, known as the OWAT. The primary purpose of the tool is to support water licence decisions made by MFLNRO.
Phase 2 – Final Summary Report:
View the corresponding webpages by clicking the tabs above, or download sections of the Summary Report below, or download the entire report (7Mb PDF).
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (800Kb PDF)
PART ONE – BACKGROUND (78Kb PDF)
See webpages under “Introduction”. Provides the context for the Phase 2 work.
- 1.0 INTRODUCTION
- 2.0 PHASE 2 PROJECT OVERVIEW
PART TWO – DATA AND DATABASES (2Mb PDF)
See webpages under “Water Use” and “Data”. Describes the datasets and databases developed during Phase 2, and summarizes the major technical studies completed during Phase 2. The technical studies provided the foundation for the models developed in Part Three, and are reproduced in their entirety in electronic form in the Appendices.
- 3.0 PART TWO OVERVIEW
- 4.0 BASIC TECHNICAL CONCEPTS
- 5.0 DEVELOPMENT OF CLIMATE DATA SETS
- 6.0 WATER MANAGEMENT AND USE (798Kb PDF)
- 7.0 GROUNDWATER RESOURCES (921Kb PDF)
- 8.0 LAKE EVAPORATION (13Kb PDF)
- 9.0 SURFACE WATER RESOURCES (20Kb PDF)
- 10.0 INSTREAM FLOW NEEDS FOR THE OKANAGAN (20Kb PDF)
- 11.0 OKANAGAN WATER DATABASE
- See the Okanagan Water Database (Registered users only, account required)
- 12.0 OKANAGAN WATER INFORMATION REFERENCE LIBRARY
- See the searchable OBWRID Water Science Library in the right-side column of this webpage
PART THREE – MODELS (468Kb PDF)
See webpages under “Models”. Summarizes the three models developed during Phase 2: the Okanagan Water Demand Model (OWDM), the Okanagan Basin Hydrology Model (OBHM), and the Okanagan Basin Water Accounting Model (OBWAM).
- 13.0 HOW OKANAGAN WATER CYCLES ARE SIMULATED
- 14.0 OKANAGAN WATER DEMAND MODEL
- 15.0 OKANAGAN BASIN HYDROLOGY MODEL
- 16.0 OKANAGAN BASIN WATER ACCOUNTING MODEL
PART FOUR – SCENARIOS (555Kb PDF)
See webpages under “Scenarios” and “Implications for the Future”. Describes the outcomes of the 15 Phase 2 scenarios.
- 17.0 SCENARIO SELECTION
- 18.0 SCENARIO RESULTS
PART FIVE – KEY FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS (55Kb PDF)
See webpages under “Key Findings”. Lists the major findings and recommendations of Phase 2, and recommends next steps for subsequent phases of the Water Supply and Demand project.
- 19.0 KEY FINDINGS (55Kb PDF)
- 20.0 RECOMMENDATIONS (55Kb PDF)
- 21.0 GLOSSARY
- 22.0 ACRONYMS
- 23.0 REFERENCES
- Appendix A User Needs Assessment Report (1.8Mb PDF)
- Appendix B Spatial Layers, Water Balance Terms, and Water Balance Equations Report (155Kb PDF)
- Appendix C Okanagan Water Management and Use Report (LARGE DOWNLOAD – 104MB ZIP file)
- Appendix D & E Okanagan Groundwater Objectives 2 and 3 (LARGE DOWNLOAD – 313MB ZIP file)
- Appendix F:
- Appendix G Okanagan Hydrology State of the Basin Report (LARGE DOWNLOAD – 26MB ZIP file)
- Appendix H Okanagan Instream Flow Needs Assessment Report (9.4Mb PDF)
- Appendix I
- Appendix J Okanagan Basin Water Accounting Model (18.3Mb PDF)
- Appendix K Okanagan Water Database System Documentation
- Refer to the Okanagan Water Database (Registered users only, account required)
- Appendix L Okanagan Water Information Reference Library Database Files
- Refer to the OBWRID Water Science Library
- Appendix M Study Team and Funding Partners
- See Project Partners
- Appendix N Development of Climate Datasets (715Kb PDF)
- Appendix O Okanagan Water Demand Scenario Modeling Report (130 Kb)
- Map 1 – Okanagan Basin Surface Water Sub-basins (8Mb PDF)
- Map 2 – Okanagan Basin Groundwater Aquifers (1Mb PDF)
- Map 3 – Water Use Areas in the Okanagan Basin (8.7Mb PDF)
- Map 4 – Hydrometric Network in the Okanagan Basin (1.8Mb PDF)
- Map 5 – Aquifers at Risk in the Okanagan (509Kb PDF)
Phase 1 – Overview:
In 2005, the first phase of the project identified what data and information were available.